- Professors May, O’Neill and Robinson Receive NFIP AwardsThe National Fellowship Incentive Program works to build a stronger student and faculty culture around applying for prestigious, nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships. Under this program, Drs. Eric May, Rachel O'Neill and Victoria Robinson have been recognized for their work mentoring students through the process of developing proposals and submitting applications for eligible awards.Posted on May 17, 2021
- 2020/2021 Outstanding TAs AnnouncedMCB is proud to announce that Katelyn Denegre and Nina Wang have been named the 2020-2021 Outstanding MCB TAs in recognition of their outstanding contributions, professional dedication to inspiring student learning and commitment to education. Please join us in congratulating Katelyn and Nina on their notable accomplishments.Posted on May 4, 2021
- Fall 2020 Student Evaluations of Teaching (SET) Awards“Excellence in teaching involves the successful engagement of our students by faculty and graduate assistants who foster a spirit of inquiry and intellectual curiosity. We are very proud of our innovative faculty who achieve excellence in teaching and consistently seek new ways to improve as teachers” – Carl Lejuez, Provost and Executive Vice President for […]Posted on May 3, 2021
- All Biology Research Symposium AwardsThe 2021 All Biology Research Symposium was held virtually on Monday, April 26th. Congratulations to the following awardees: Emily Kilian - MCB Department Head Award Veronica Eskander - Outstanding Senior in PNB Award Brandon Smith - Connecticut Museum of Natural History Award Jordana Graveley - Outstanding Senior in EEB Award James He - Excellence in […]Posted on May 3, 2021
- Drs. Alder, Mellone and Nyholm Promoted to ProfessorThe UConn Board of Trustees approved the award of tenure and/or promotion to 72 individuals across UConn. Among them, Drs. Nathan Alder, Barbara Mellone and Spencer Nyholm were promoted to professor. Please join us in congratulating them!Posted on April 29, 2021
Upcoming EventsAll Events »
The actin nucleation factors JMY and WHAMM enable a rapid Arp2/3 complex-mediated intrinsic pathway of apoptosis
Contribution of dsRBD2 to PKR Activation
Atomistic dynamics of a viral infection process: Release of membrane lytic peptides from a non-enveloped virus
Protein yoga: conformational versatility of the hemolysin II C-terminal domain detailed by NMR structures for multiple states
North American fireflies host low bacterial diversity
High-Resolution Differentiation of Enteric Bacteria in Premature Infant Fecal Microbiomes Using a Novel rRNA Amplicon.
Systematic Detection of Large-Scale Multi-Gene Horizontal Transfer in Prokaryotes.
Mol. Biol. Evol
Closed Genome Sequence of Aeromonas veronii Strain Hm21, an Isolate from the Medicinal Leech Hirudo verbana.
Microbiology Resource Announcements
Effect of Gut Microbiota and PNPLA3 rs738409 Variant on Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) in Obese Youth.
J. Clin Endocrinol Metabol.
Comparative and Evolutionary Genomics of Isolates Provide Insight into the Pathoadaptation of Aeromonas.
Gut Microbiota-Derived Short-Chain Fatty Acids Promote Post-Stroke Recovery in Aged Mice.
Optogenetics in Sinorhizobium melilotienables spatial control of exopolysaccharide production and biofilm structure.