- 2021 MCB Grad Recruitment a Virtual Success!MCB hosted over 30 grad recruits on Friday, February 5th. The first all-virtual recruitment event was a success and included virtual lab tours, grad student turbo talks, interviews, poster sessions, research seminars and a social gathering to close the day's events. See images!Posted on February 18, 2021
- Professors Lynes and Graf part of a team that received a multi-institution grant to study syndrome affecting children with Covid 19Michael Lynes and Joerg Graf are part of a multi-institution grant to develop biomarker signatures for MIS-C (multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children) that can develop children infected with coronavirus. The Lynes research team will use the grating coupled surface plasmon resonance imaging systems that they have developed with Ciencia, Inc. to measure biomarker signatures in […]Posted on January 5, 2021
- MCB PhD Candidate Kate Castellano Receives 2020 GIGA FellowshipThe Global Invertebrate Genomics Alliance (GIGA) has announced that Kate Castellano has received the inaugural GIGA Fellowship in Invertebrate Genomics 2020 Award. GIGA is dedicated to promoting resources and standards that will facilitate comparative approaches and collaborations for future generations. About Kate GIGA stated, “With these objectives in mind, we are excited to see Kate’s […]Posted on December 21, 2020
- Dr. Kat Milligan-Myhre featured in Indigenous at UConn VideoMCB Assistant Professor, Kat Milligan-Myhre was featured in a recent video, Indigenous at UConn, created by UConn Native American Cultural Programs. In the video, Milligan-Mhyre speaks about both her culture and her science.Posted on December 2, 2020
- “Honk if you Love Squid” MCB’s Sarah McAnulty and her Squidmobile Get NoticedAssistant Research Professor, Sarah McAnulty, was recently featured in an article, "When you text the Squidmobile, this Fishtown scientist texts back squid words of wisdom" in the Philadelphia Inquirer. When squid biologist Sarah McAnulty decided to cover her Toyota RAV4 with paintings of squid and write the words “WANT A SQUID FACT? Text 9-RUNG-SQUID” on […]Posted on November 30, 2020
Upcoming EventsAll Events »
North American fireflies host low bacterial diversity
High-Resolution Differentiation of Enteric Bacteria in Premature Infant Fecal Microbiomes Using a Novel rRNA Amplicon.
Systematic Detection of Large-Scale Multi-Gene Horizontal Transfer in Prokaryotes.
Mol. Biol. Evol
Closed Genome Sequence of Aeromonas veronii Strain Hm21, an Isolate from the Medicinal Leech Hirudo verbana.
Microbiology Resource Announcements
Effect of Gut Microbiota and PNPLA3 rs738409 Variant on Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) in Obese Youth.
J. Clin Endocrinol Metabol.
Comparative and Evolutionary Genomics of Isolates Provide Insight into the Pathoadaptation of Aeromonas.
Gut Microbiota-Derived Short-Chain Fatty Acids Promote Post-Stroke Recovery in Aged Mice.
Optogenetics in Sinorhizobium melilotienables spatial control of exopolysaccharide production and biofilm structure.
Draft Genome Sequences of Dysgonomonas sp. Strains BGC7and HGC4, Isolated from the Hindgut of a Lower Termite
Development and application of aerobic, chemically defined media for Dysgonomonas
Validation of a PNA clamping method for Reducing host DNA amplification and increasing eukaryotic diversity in rhizosphere microbiome studies.
Single-cell amplicon sequencing reveals community structures and transmission trends of protist-associated bacteria in a termite host
Antimicrobial Peptides and Copper(II) Ions: Novel Therapeutic Opportunities
Probing Interdomain Linkers and Protein Supertertiary Structure In Vitro and in Live Cells with Fluorescent Protein Resonance Energy Transfer
J Molec Bio
Pseudonocardia symbionts of fungus-growing ants and the evolution of defensive secondary metabolism Front.
Reduction of elevated proton leak rejuvenates mitochondria in the aged cardiomyocyte.
An apparatus for rapid and nondestructive comparasin of masks and respirators
Rev. Sci. Instrum.
Biocompatible Cantilevers for Mechanical Characterization of Zebrafish Embryos using Image Analysis
Draft Genome Sequence of Spiroplasma platyhelix ATCC 51748,isolated from a Dragonfly.
Microbiol. Res. Announc.
A genomic catalog of Earth’s microbiomes.
Development and patterning of rib primordia are dependent on associated musculature.