Educational Program Assistant 2
Search #: 497465
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences seeks applicants for a full-time position as an Educational Program Assistant 2 for the Department of Molecular & Cell Biology. Under the direction of the departmental manager, this position provides programmatic and administrative support to the Molecular & Cell Biology department including project and event management. The incumbent is expected to work independently, within the defined guidelines established by the program and the supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs office management duties in processing administrative, academic, financial, payroll, and immigration paperwork.
- Serves as a resource to individuals and groups on matters relating to program activities, and administrative policies and procedures. Acts as departmental spokesperson with undergraduates, graduate students, parents, faculty, staff, administrators, and outside parties regarding department policies and procedures.
- Compiles and maintains resource materials and program information.
- Manages purchasing for the department (liaises with contracted vendors, evaluates costs) and associated receiving.
- Assists in the processing of a variety of financial transactions including travel and credit card reconciliations for the department across all fund sources.
- Manages internal communications to faculty, graduate students, and staff.
- Manages all aspects of special events and outreach programs such as graduate recruitment, department seminars and colloquia, faculty search interviews, etc., including catering, speaker travel arrangements, event itineraries, event advertising, expense reimbursement, and honorariums.
- Processes faculty and graduate student travel and reimbursements and other related fiscal documents.
- Manages department listservs, building/lab access for multiple buildings, and departmental directory.
- Acts as support staff for the Courses and Curriculum, Graduate Recruitment, and Departmental Retreat Committees.
- Maintains system for departmental archives, as well as department resource materials and program information.
- Hires, trains, and supervises student workers and processes associated Smart HR transactions and time card processing for the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to three years experience in a responsible administrative support position which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of administrative methods.
- Ability to work independently and regularly exercise judgment regarding administrative and program support details and procedures.
- Self-starter with superior organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and follow through.
- Strong technical skills including MS Office applications.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with project and event management.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience with applications like HuskyBuy, Concur, KFS, WebFocus, PageUp, and PaperSave.
- Ability to engage, connect, and work with diverse student, administrative, and faculty populations and provide a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in an educational setting.
This is a full-time position and includes an excellent benefits package including medical and retirement, as well as employee tuition waivers at the University of Connecticut. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #497465 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on May 19, 2023.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Apr 28, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: June 16, 2023 Eastern Daylight Time