Welcome to the Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
Welcome to the Department of Molecular and Cell Biology at the University of Connecticut. We represent fundamental disciplines in biology at the number 1 public university in New England, including genetics and genomics, microbiology, cell biology, biochemistry and structural biology & biophysics. Considerable depth in faculty expertise and departmental resources are available to you in MCB in each of these disciplines and we invite you inside to discover for yourself the exciting research and educational opportunities to be found in this department.
Michael A. Lynes
Professor and Head of Department
- 5/8/13 James Cole , has been appointed to the editorial board of Biophysical Journal.
- 4/1/13 Ragini Phansalkar , an undergraduate honors student working in the laboratories of Drs. Barbara Mellone and Daniel Schwartz, has been awarded the prestigious Barry Goldwater Scholar award.
- Current MCB student Anna Gustafson Green (Gogarten lab) and former MCB student Erin Duffy (Birge lab) were awarded Graduate Research Fellowships from the NSF. Congratulations!
- Yu, D., Wowor, A.J., Cole, J.L. and Kendall, D.A. (2013). Defining the Escherichia coli SecA Dimer Interface Residues through in Vivo Site-specific Photo-crosslinking. J. Bacteriol., in press
- Aaron Ehlinger, Soyeon Park, Amr Fahmy, Jeffrey W. Lary, James L. Cole, Daniel Finley, and Kylie J. Walters (2013) Conformational Dynamics of the Rpt6 ATPase in Proteasome Assembly and Rpn14 Binding Structure., in press
- Brit Winnen, Eric Anderson, James L. Cole, Glenn F. King, and Susan L. Rowland (2013). Role of the PAS sensor domains in the Bacillus subtilis sporulation kinase KinA. J. Bacteriol., in press