The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences seeks applicants for a full-time position as a Program Assistant 1 (UCP 3) for the Department of Molecular & Cell Biology. Under the direction of the Department Administrator, provides programmatic and administrative support to the Molecular & Cell Biology department including personnel actions and graduate admissions. The incumbent is expected to work independently, with the defined guidelines established by the program and the supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the graduate admissions functions; disseminates information, collects application materials for the graduate programs and graduate student awards. Maintains organized files of applicants, assists in the processing of applications for admissions, writing offer and rejection letters to candidates.
- Acts as the departmental liaison with the Graduate School and advises students on rules and regulations of the Graduate School, department, College and University. Facilitates the processing of forms, course registration, and the meeting of program requirements.
- Coordinates communication between the Department and the Office of the Registrar, the Office of Admissions, Graduate School, the CLAS Academic Services Center, the Office of Student Services and Advocacy and other UConn offices in academic matters regarding Graduate and Undergraduate students and departmental needs.
- Maintains and analyzes statistics and data on the progress of majors, undergraduate students, graduate students and postdoctoral trainees as well as other departmental data needs necessary to report to accrediting agencies and apply for external funding.
- Oversees and directs temporary employees (student labor/special payroll) employees and the associated Smart HR Transaction and time card processing for the department and faculty members.
- Initiate and process professional, classified, graduate, special payroll and student employment paperwork for the department in consultation with Grant Management Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One to three years’ experience in a responsible administrative support position which demonstrates knowledge of administrative methods.
- Ability to work independently and regularly exercise judgment regarding administrative and program support details and procedures.
- Strong technical skills including MS Office applications.
- Positive outlook, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience with online student record systems such as PeopleSoft.
- Experience with online student admissions systems such as Hobson's.
- Experience with online payroll, personnel records and recruiting systems.
Upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via UConn Jobs, www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions, and include search number 2018589. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check (Search #2018589).
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on July 2, 2018
There are no further Faculty or Staff positions available in the Department of Molecular and Cell Biology at this time. For a full and current listing of available positions at UConn, visit the Department of Human Resources.