Applicants for MCB PhD and MS programs
must apply through the UConn Graduate School
•For additional information you can contact the MCB Graduate Coordinator, Chelsea Bartos, at:
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Unit 3125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125
•Required Information and Deadlines
The following information is normally required before an application can be considered:
- Completed application form
- Unofficial transcripts of all previous college and/or university work (upon acceptance, you must submit official copies of all transcripts)
International Students: Please upload unofficial transcripts with your application. To avoid delay of official admission,
please also mail official copies to Graduate School at the time of application.
- Scores on the Graduate Record Examination (only the general test of the GRE is required – the subject test is optional)
- Three letters of reference (electronic submission of recommendation letters is preferred)
- Personal statement describing your interest in, and experience with, science
The Fall deadline for Doctoral candidates is DECEMBER 1. There is no admission for the spring semester in the doctoral program.
The Fall application deadline for Masters programs is FEBRUARY 15, with no admission for the spring semester.
Applications received after these dates will not be considered.
For more information on The Graduate School’s Internal Fellowship Awards, please click here.
The MCB Professional Masters Programs accepts applications for starting dates in the fall, spring or summer terms.
The application deadlines are May 15 for fall admission, October 1 for spring admission, and March 15 for summer admission.
•Information for Microbiome Research Assistantship for Ph.D. Applicants is found here.