Application and information for UConn’s Graduate School can be found here or by contacting:
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Unit 3125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125
Required Information and Deadlines
The following information is normally required before an application can be considered:
- completed application form
- unofficial transcripts of all previous college and/or university work (upon acceptance, you must submit official copies of all transcripts)
- scores on the Graduate Record Examination (only the general test of the GRE is required – the subject test is optional)
- three letters of reference (electronic submission of recommendation letters is preferred)
- personal statement describing your interest in, and experience with, science
The Fall deadline for Doctoral candidates is DECEMBER 1. There is no admission for the spring semester in the doctoral program.
The Fall application deadline for Masters programs is FEBRUARY 15, with no admission for the spring semester.
The MCB Professional Science Master’s (PSM) programs in M.S. Applied Genomics and in M.S. Microbial Systems Analysis and the Professional Master’s (PM) Program in Applied Biochemistry and Cell Biology accept applications for starting dates in the fall, spring or summer terms. The application deadlines are May 15 for fall admission, October 1 for spring admission, and March 15 for summer admission.
Information for Microbiome Research Assistantship for Ph.D. Applicants is found here.
Applications received after these dates will not be considered.