Fall 2023 PhD Application Deadline: December 1, 2022
Molecular and Cell Biology PhD and MS Program
Completed applications include the following:
- Completed UConn Graduate School application.
- Unofficial transcripts of all previous college and/or university work (upon acceptance, you must submit official copies of all transcripts) International Students: Please upload unofficial transcripts with your application. To avoid delay of official admission, please also mail official copies to Graduate School at the time of application.
- Three letters of reference (electronic submission of recommendation letters is preferred)
- CV is required for all PhD and MS applicants
- Personal statement:
In less than 1000 words, please discuss the following points:• Your motivation for undertaking graduate work.
• A detailed summary of any research experience you have had, including the main question that was driving your project, and how it prepares you for doctoral studies.
• Any examples of how you have taken initiative on a research project, academic endeavor, or employment responsibility
• Any activities you have engaged in that demonstrate a commitment to enhancing diversity and inclusion in science
- Please review English Proficiency for Admission Requirements and make sure you submit all required test scores. Details of this can be found here: https://grad.uconn.edu/admissions/requirements/
In addition to Teaching Assistantships, which every PhD student who is accepted to the program can receive, there are two competitive service-free Graduate School Fellowships students can be nominated for. Students must indicate their interest at the time of application. Information on these awards can be found here.
Note – GRE Scores are no longer required and will not be used in considering your application.
- Doctoral Program – December 1st
- Master’s Program – February 15th
The Molecular and Cell Biology Doctoral and Masters programs admit to the fall semester only. Applications that are incomplete or submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
MCB Professional Master’s Program (PM) & Professional Science Master’s Programs (PSM)
Program and application requirements can be found here.
- Fall admission – May 15th
- Spring admission – October 1st
- Summer admission – March 15th
Please note – when applying to the MCB Professional Masters Programs the titles appear in the admissions application as Applied Biochemistry and Cell Biology MS, Applied Genomics MS, and Applied Microbial Systems Analysis MS.
For additional information, contact the MCB Graduate Coordinator, Chelsea Bartos, at:
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Unit 3125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125
For information about financial support please visit this page