Molecular and Cell Biology Ph.D. and MS Program
Completed Applications include the following:
- Completed UConn Graduate School application.
- Unofficial transcripts of all previous college and/or university work (upon acceptance, you must submit official copies of all transcripts)
International Students: Please upload unofficial transcripts with your application. To avoid delay of official admission, please also mail official copies to Graduate School at the time of application.
- Three letters of reference (electronic submission of recommendation letters is preferred)
- Personal statement describing your interest in and experience with science
- Information on The Graduate School’s Internal Fellowship Awards, can be found here.
Note – GRE Scores are no longer required and will not be used in considering your application.
- Doctoral Program – December 1st
- Master’s Program – February 15th
The Molecular and Cell Biology Doctoral and Masters programs admit to the fall semester only. Applications that are incomplete or submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
MCB Professional Master’s Program (PM) & Professional Science Master’s Programs (PSM)
Program and application requirements can be found here.
- Fall admission – May 15th
- Spring admission – October 1st
- Summer admission – March 15th
Please note – when applying to the MCB Professional Masters Programs the titles appear in the admissions application as Applied Biochemistry and Cell Biology MS, Applied Genomics MS, and Applied Microbial Systems Analysis MS.
For additional information, contact the MCB Graduate Coordinator, Chelsea Bartos, at:
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Unit 3125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125
For information about financial support please visit this page
For information about application fee waivers please visit this page